A newsletter created with minimal effort
Automatic content analysis
You teach Lowdown what kind of content you'd like included in your newsletter. It will then analyse your Slack and pull in posts which fit your criteria.
Handpicked posts by you
You can add any post you like directly from Slack to your newsletter with the click of a button.
You review and share
Lowdown notifies you each week when your newsletter is ready. You have full control over what appears. Pause it at anytime.
Import your Slack members instantly or ask for permission
Subscribe your entire Slack membership to your newsletter in one-click or select specific members. They can opt-out at anytime.
Alternatively you can ask your members to subscribe in Slack from any channel or via Direct Message with Lowdownbot. You can even ask all your new sign ups automatically - a great way to keep them coming back.
Here’s a few ways you can use Lowdown:
An exclusive benefit
Do you have a pro-level in your community? You can use Lowdown as a special perk for just these members.
A channel specific update
Pick a valuable channel (eg #jobs) and deliver new job posts to your members inboxes each week automatically.
A personal content stream
Only want to share your own content? No problem! Share your posts and links in your own private channel and have Lowdown deliver it to your subscribers.
What you lovely people are saying
- Melissa KeizerLead DesignerI'm part of a few Slack communities and I struggle to keep up, but I don't like feeling like I've missed useful content so I generally have to find time to scroll through the various channels for updates - not great! Thank you for creating Lowdown, huge problem solver! 🙌🏻
- BrandonCommunity Organiser at DEFLowdown is awesome for a Slack group like ours that has a few hundred active users and a couple thousand other folks who don’t regularly read through Slack threads.
- Andy BrownlieCTO at Digital54You know you are onto a winner when people's first thought of your product is "why didn't this exist already?" Lowdown is one of those products.
- Scott WylieCo-founder at PayHereA great idea and product! I absolutely love it! Keeps our team engaged to what is going on within the company.
- Ciara BryansProduct Designer at AirposToo busy to keep me eye on Slack, so this is exactly what I need! 👏
- Christopher MurphyFounder at DesigntrackHow did this not exist before?! Lowdown is superhelpful, especially when you're in a lot of Slacks and are time poor.
Your security is our priority. Here’s what we do to ensure your data is safe.
What data do you store?
We only keep a record of your account so we know who to send newsletters to. Your messages are only pulled for temporary processing and only those that are delivered in your newsletters are stored securely within Lowdown - so you can view your past content and see what your members engaged with the most.
Do you retain any personal information?
For your members we only keep a record of what is needed to send each newsletter. That means we store basic user details - name, avatar and email.
How do you protect my data?
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. Our software infrastructure is updated regularly with the latest security patches. Our products run on a dedicated network which is locked down with firewalls.
Do any humans read our content?
No. The only time your content may be viewed is when you request support. We’ll ask your permission before doing so and only authorised Lowdown staff will be permitted.
What happens is someone who isn't a member of my Slack gets sent my newsletter?
It is of course possible your email newsletter could be forwarded to someone outside your Slack. We anonymize all references to your users names by default and no one who isn’t a member will be able to access your Slack from the newsletter without being a member.
Do you sell my data in anyway?
No we will never sell your data. We take your privacy and data security extremely seriously and will never give your personal details or those of your members to anyone.